Thursday, 3 November 2011

Hi Stinkies!

Just kidding! I'm the stinky one, or at least I was until about 5 hours ago, when I actually woke up, looked in the mirror, and thought ok thats a little embarrassing and decided to bucket bath myself.
I might have put it off one more day or at least until I had worked myself into a sweat, but yesterday I bought this little baby!

imgres.jpeg
Thats right! An IMMERSION COIL! it looks like it will electrocute me and it WILL, if I'm not careful. It seems a little bit counter-intuitive to hold a hot metal coil plugged into your loose socket and plunge it into a plastic tub of water, but with my greasy hair standing up on top of my head in sort of an Eiffel tower formation created by my own scalp oil, I knew I had no choice. I held it for about 2 minutes and achieved lukewarm water! which felt better as i took dippers of it and threw it over my dirty, dirty body. 
I am now much cleaner and still alive! so much success was had. 
Reflecting on this new technology in my life, I realized that I have surrounded myself with potentially life-threatening devices that are supposed to make my life a little easier.
Example A: that immersion coil....it is high voltage and you dunk it into water, enough said!
Example B: my gas burner - its a huge tank of propane with an attached burner on top. aka flame and gas tank are merged as one - this also seems counter-intuitive given my years of memories at gas stations warning smokers if they lit up, they would pretty much explode. 
Example C: my pressure-cooker I put onto of my gas tank. i have been recently warned that pressure cookers are essentially small bombs. YIKES. 
but as i use these in a symphony of 'hope-this-works-out', i have achieved RICE, HOT FOOD, and LUKEWARM WATER! 
and thats totally worth it. plus my wonderful friends from work Shivani and Devashish are convinced I will kill myself so they are helping me learn! so good friends + learn by experience = new skills, semi-clean body (every now and then), and food that i don't exclusively peel or drink!

1 comment:

  1. Remember one of your favorite traveling songs from Cambodia, "I will Survive." haha

    ReplyDelete